Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rest in Peace Sweet Mercy - Coping with the Loss of a Pet & Congestive Heart Failure- Kansas City Dog & Pet Photography

Sweet Mercy passed away recently due to congestive heart failure. She will be deeply missed by all who knew her, especially her Mommy and furry sibling Grandpa Griff.

According to www.pets.webmd.com, congestive heart failure is the inability of the heart to provide adequate circulation to meet the body’s needs. It is the end result of a weakened heart muscle. The health of the liver, kidneys, lungs, and other organs is impaired by the circulatory failure, resulting in a problem involving multiple organs. For more information about this condition, please see the full article here.

Pawprints Left By You


You no longer greet me, As I walk through the door.
You're not there to make me smile, To make me laugh anymore.
Life seems quiet without you, You were far more than a pet.
You were a family member, a friend . . . a loving soul I'll never forget.
It will take time to heal - For the silence to go away.
I still listen for you, And miss you every day.
You were such a great companion, Constant, loyal and true.
My heart will always wear, the pawprints left by you.

I posted this photo below on my Facebook page when I learned Mercy had passed, along with this prayer: "Dear Lord: It's me Mercy. Please help my Mommy and furry siblings heal during this sorrowful time. I know I will see them again someday. Let them know that I am having fun playing across the rainbow bridge though. ♥ RIP sweet Mercy." 

I learned that her Mommy said she had prayed earlier for a sign from Mercy and that I may have been the messenger with the above posting. Run free over the rainbow bridge with all of our beloved pets who have crossed. We will see you again and meet you there someday.

1 comments:

Melissa Kuzma said...

So beautiful! I was lucky enough to meet Mercy in person a couple of months ago and she was an absolute angel. RIP Mercy!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.