Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Bo, Winner of the Pet Photo Contest and Sisters Zoey & Belle - Kansas City Dog & Pet Photography

I occasionally have pet photo contests on my Facebook page as an incentive and thank you to my loyal fans. I would not be where I am today without the support and encouragement from others, especially those who follow me on Facebook. I remember starting my page in 2009 and hoping to have 100 fans. My work was substandard and I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. I self taught myself everything and learned along the way by following fellow photographers who I only dreamed about coming close to their caliber of work.  Sometimes I look back at my older photos when I first began and shake my head. Really..... I called that professional pet photography???? What was I doing??? Well I am here to tell you that with practice, determination, love, patience and support from others, anything is possible. I can't wait to continue learning and growing along this journey. And I have all of you to thank for it, now having over 3,800 fans and 13,000 current monthly active users on my Facebook page.

Bo was the most recent winner of my pet photo contest.  Fans on my page posted photos of their beloved furry children and asked their friends to join my page and vote on their photo by "liking" it.  The photo with the most "likes" by the end of the voting period won a free pet session and 20 digital images! Here is the humble winner Bo, a senior Basset, who made me smile with those classic Basset expressions.





Bo's Mommy had 2 other pets she brought along to have their own sessions as well. This sweet girl is Belle.




And Zoey!



And the happy family! Whew! It was hard work achieving a photo where everyone was looking at me and smiling... but it can be done with PATIENCE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.