Monday, August 22, 2011

Brian & Thurmie - Photographing Pets in the Heat, Cold or Rain - Kansas City Dog & Pet Photography

I met a lovely woman last winter, along with her kind boyfriend and adorable furry kids. She had been following my work for months on Facebook and lives 3 1/2 hours (one way) from me, but was willing to drive that far so I could capture her precious little Thurmie & Brian. She scheduled a shoot during the Winter, which is normally fine for some cute snow shots.  Little did we know it was going to be a brutal negative 10 degree wind chill on the day of her shoot. But I am not one to give up easily and can get through a photo shoot no matter what you throw at me. So we fought the cold, managed to avoid hypothermia and somehow I captured some memorable images for her even in that bitter cold. This woman, Devri, is much more than a client now, but is my friend, my #1 fan and constant cheerleader, motivator and a source of powerful encouragement in my journey as a pet photographer.


So let's just say I was beyond excited to photograph her family for the second time this summer. She booked in August, thinking surely there could be no issues with weather in that month!  But, we had to fight mother nature once again.  It started out an extremely dreary and rainy day... but Devri had already driven up here the night before.. so there was no turning back now! Rain or shine, this photo shoot was happening. I am very adamant that all my photos be taken outside with natural light only, but I needed a Plan B and decided to use my guest bedroom as a fun opportunity to try out an idea I had been cooking up.



And then, what do you know... the rain cleared up and even though the grass and bench seating in my backyard was soggy, we still made it work! Don't mess with me, mother nature. I will win when it comes to pet photo shoots!!








2 comments:

Ellen B. said...

These pictures are absolutely fantastic! Way to stand up to Mother Nature, too. LOL

Math Resources said...

Lovely pictures and awesome photography.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.