Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rest in Peace Sweet Eddie - Coping with the Loss of a Pet - Kansas City Dog & Pet Photography

There are really no words to comfort someone when they have lost a pet. Everyone needs their own time to process and grieve their loss. Click here to read an article on petfinder.com about coping with the death of your pet. For animal lovers, it is not "just losing a pet", it is losing a furry child and companion who loved unconditionally and whose life always seems cut far too short. "Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really," - Carlotta Monterey O'Neill

Erica, owner of Pawz at Play doggy daycare, lost her sweet black lab Eddie. He had such a strong personality and even recovered from a torn ACL which was debilitating for quite some time. Eddie was recently rushed to the emergency vet for vomiting and it was discovered that he either had severe bloat or an unknown tumor had ruptured inside him. He was in excruciating pain and there was not much time to say goodbye. I know how devastating this loss must feel. I only met Eddie during his photo shoot, but it was very evident how much he was loved and what a beautiful, shining soul he had.

Click here to view a touching video of Eddie. Watch carefully as he creatively maneuvers himself up the stairs to make sure he could spend the night sleeping next to his mommy. A little arthritis was not going to stop this boy!

Your Pets In Heaven
by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and then said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all. For all of the times that you have stooped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the love that I so unconditionally gave to you. For the care that you gave to me so unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the fact that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller because you were there, not as a master/owner, but as my FRIEND.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflies flit among the flowers and the Sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. There is no sickness, no aching joints and no regrets and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions such as you are so rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Give it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

RIP Sweet Eduardo.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.