Saturday, January 8, 2011

Rest in Peace Sweet Charger - Kansas City Dog Photography

I still remember the first day I met my friend Erin and Greg's dog, Charger. Back in 2005, when I first visited their home, Erin was in awe when Charger immediately was drawn to me and did not continue to bark like he normally would at strangers. She even joked that he appeared to like me more than he liked her!

This sweetheart of a Golden Retriever mix was 14 1/2 years young when I photographed him. He was only 6 months old when Greg found him wandering around the outside of a K-mart store. When Greg returned from vacation, he noticed this same little stray was still lingering around. Greg did not plan on keeping him, but an unspoken connection was apparent and Charger worked his way into his new forever home and into Greg's heart.

I just learned that sweet Charger passed away at nearly 16. I know death is inevitable with old age, but it still was painful to hear the news. He was such a sweet old soul and I know that he was grateful every day to his daddy for rescuing him off the streets and giving him a loving home. Rest in peace Charger. We will all miss you very much.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.