Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lazy Dog Art - Fabulous Hand Painted Doggy Artwork - Kansas City Dog Photography

Just in case you did not see a blog from the past featuring Susie Hooban of Lazy Dog Art, I wanted to share her lovely work with you again today!

She has commented on my photos with kind and supportive words. I learned she was a dog painter/artist based out of Washington DC. I have a great appreciation for artists because while I may be computer-graphically creative, I could not draw a stick figure to save my life! Once I saw her amazing portraits, I was extremely impressed. What a gift to be able to give someone. One of the most touching things she wrote to me was, "Your photos are so inspiring that I knew as soon as I saw them that I wanted to paint one." Wow. What an amazing compliment.

Susie is very similar to me, in the fact that she has a true passion for what she does and is deeply connected with dogs. She also finds joy in raising money for rescues with her art through raffles and donations. Susie has been painting and drawing since she was the mere age of 5. She began to see pet portraits as her passion when she painted a portrait of Brian (an English Pointer that she later rescued) who was sitting at her doorstep one day. Her furry family grew when she adopted Dwight and Crash, Hound-mixed brothers that were rescued from Lucky Dog Animal Rescue. Susie has such a kind heart and I know the world will be seeing much more from this talented artist! Here are a few of her portraits below.

Find her on Facebook and contact her at lazydogart@hotmail.com if you would like a painting created from one of your favorite doggy photos! Check out some of her beautiful recent examples below and tell her Jennifer sent you!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.