Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Foster Doggy & Kitty Parents - Feature of the Week

After a wonderful recommendation from one of my supporters, I decided to feature Foster Doggy/Kitty Parents this week in lieu of my "Breed of the Week." Foster parents are crucial in saving the lives of animals and are very special people. I do not think I could do such a difficult job without getting incredibly attached to these furry children and then having to let them go,to a new family, even though it would be for the best. So, this blog is dedicated to all the amazing Foster Mommy and Daddy's out there.... Thank you for what you do!

Here is a sweet poem I found:

A POEM TO MY FOSTER DOG
By Diane Morgan

I am the bridge,
between what was and what can be.I am the pathway to a new life.
I am made of mush,because my heart melted when I saw you,
matted, sore, limping, depressed, lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.
For one little time you are mine.
I will feed you with my own hand.
I will love you with my whole heart.
I will make you whole.
I am made of steel.
because when the time comes, when you are well, and sleek,when your eyes shine,and your tail wags with joy then comes the hard part.
I will let you go - not without a tear,but without a regret.for you are safe forever
--A new dog needs me now!

Bev Carlson: "We decided to keep each other. Charlie was rescued from a dreadful situation by Chain of Hope. They do amazing work. Thanks to them, Charlie is an amazing dog."



Lori Haas: "I foster puppies for T.A.R.A. We need foster homes for puppies, kittens, dogs, and cats so if anyone is interested go to http://www.tarasdream.org/ for more info!"



Sarah Macpherson: I used to foster cats and hand reared a litter of 5 babies after there mummy was starved whilst pregnant and couldnt feed them. We still have two that were deemed "unsuitable" for adoption. The litter were all named after aftershaves: hugo, giorgio, joop and tommy."



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.