Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Adopt Me Please

I recently visited Animal Haven in Merriam KS and photographed some very precious doggies up for adoption. I have always known I wanted to work with dogs, but it wasn't until I began my photography ventures, that the plan for my life really became clear to me. Dog photography is my passion, my love, my joy. I remember always wanting to volunteer at an animal shelter, knowing deep in my heart that I wanted to help, but I just never had the courage to do so.

Until now. I decided it was time for me to offer my photography services to shelters, in hopes that I could portray each dogs true soul for the world to see. Even if my photos just speak to one person and leads them to adopt, it is worth every ounce of my time. I knew it would be incredibly hard to visit a shelter and be faced with the harsh reality of abandoned dogs. But, it was even harder than I imagined. There were so many dogs just crying for attention and love. They all deserve a nice warm home, full of hugs and kisses. It broke my heart, but I had to put those feelings aside for a moment and give my complete attention to the select doggies that desperately needed their photos taken. So, here are just a few of the many doggies that need a new, loving home. Please open your hearts and spread the word to all your friends and family. All of the dogs below are available at Animal Haven in Merriam KS. Contact 913 432-7548 if you are interested in adopting. I will be returning to Animal Haven and any other shelter that needs assistance with photographing animals. The act of helping in this way brought me so much joy and I can not wait to continue offering my assistance. "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

*Note: You may also notice these photos are not watermarked. It is not my intention to advertise my photography services through this avenue, so I did not copyright or watermark these photos. Please feel free to share the photos below with anyone who may want to adopt or know someone who wants to adopt.*

Mikhael, Doberman. Animal ID 5262



Geisha, Lab Retriever. Animal ID 5300




Bridget, Golden Retriever. Animal ID 5386




Phoenix, Australian Shepard (Cattle Dog). Animal ID 5365




Francine, Terrier. Animal ID 5362




Young Puppy, Rottie. Almost ready for adoption.



Gentry, Shepard. Animal ID 5311




Dahlia, Pit Bull Terrier. Animal ID 4958




Zandra, Cocker Spaniel. Animal ID 5350


6 comments:

E. Shaina said...

I am seriously your biggest fan!! It is SO wonderful that you have such a passion for your work! You are so talented at what you do & it shows through your pictures.

These are SUCH wonderful little doggies!! I really hope that they find a good loving home!!


THANK YOU FOR THIS QUOTE!! It made me cry.

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

♥♥ E. Shaina

Rachel said...

I L.O.V.E. your work and SOOOO badly wish you could photograph my pups! What you did for these rescues is amazing.

PS-I also love all of your quotes. :-)

<3<3 Rachel S.

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh. I can't stop looking at them. It is so amazing that you are doing this!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Thanks so much for photographing the animals at the shelter. I adopted my dog, Jackson, at Animal Haven 11 years ago. These animals deserve a caring home and you are helping make that happen. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Awww they are soo adorable! Wish I had room to adopt them!

Anonymous said...

These photos tugged at my heartstrings. They captured my heart.This beagle made me cry the way you captured how lonely and sad he is just waiting for someone to take him away from all his past pain. It is so amazing the work you do for these in need animals. They will be forever devoted to you wherever they go. They will always remember the person the made them get a much needed second chance to be loved. Your quote was so moving and it made my heart soar with pride.What a joy it is to see you doing this so unselfishly.It is a blessing to be your mom

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.