Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Thank You Dear Kenna

I have been reflecting on my photography business recently and one person always comes to mind when I think about photography. My dear friend Kenna. The circumstances leading to how we met were clearly planned out by a power much greater than us. It all began this time last year, when I learned about the heart-wrenching story of Stephanie Vest, a local, young mother of three, who had suddenly become ill with a rare form of cancer and was not expected to live very long. While I followed Stephanie's inspiring blog, I googled Stephanie's name one day to learn more about her situation. In my google search, another blog popped up, which happened to be Kenna's blog. She had written an entry in her blog about Stephanie. I decided to leave a comment on Kenna's blog and a very strong friendship grew from there. I still think about how amazing it was to have met because of our shared knowledge about Stephanie.

As our friendship began, we learned that we both had a love of photography. Kenna is a wealth of knowledge and patiently taught me all about Nikon, aperture, flash-based websites, lighting and numerous other photography tips that have been invaluable as I expanded my restoration business into a photography business as well.

Kenna also provided encouraging words when I was hesitant to purchase our first dog. And when we did finally bring a fur baby into our life, she referred us to Pawz at Play, a doggy daycare that has been our saving grace! Not only has the daycare been extremely helpful for Remington and our sanity, but I have met many wonderful employees who have since became friends and clients requesting that I photograph their dogs, which is my true passion in photography.

Kenna will be launching her photography website soon and I can't wait to see it and share it with everyone! She is extremely talented and captures children and families so beautifully.

So, this entry is dedicated especially for you, Kenna. For being so kind, thoughtful, caring and for always being there for me. I honestly do not believe I would be where I am today, if it were not for you. And I certainly would be missing out on a very special friendship without you. Thank you. I love you dear friend!

2 comments:

Caring Touch Massage, LLC said...

Jen, That's so sweet. I can definitely tell that your bond runs deep.

Kenna Skinner said...

Jen, you are just the sweetest, kindest thing EVER! I don't even know what to say! I am speechless and honored and thankful beyond words!! You are such a dear friend and mean the world to me! Your kind, generous, giving spirit is beyond amazing! You are such a special person and friend, and I cannot imagine life without you! Thank YOU dear friend for writing such a special post in my honor and always being there for me. I love you very much! XOXO

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.