Monday, November 9, 2009

Ace + Achilles = Sweethearts & Fun Times

Meet Ace & Achilles. I loved my adventures with this hilarious pair. Achilles is a very lovable Pitbull and Ace is a slightly cautious Hound/Boxer mix. I am very comfortable with both large and small dogs and regardless of the breed. I have always felt I have a special connection with dogs and I feel so fortunate when I am able to photograph them and portray their innocence and true personality. I love hearing the reactions from their parents too after they see the final result!

Eventually Ace warmed up to me and gave me a play nibble by the end of shoot, which meant she liked me, according to Becky, their Mom. That made me smile. Becky won this free photo shoot by recruiting the most fans to my Facebook fan page. She worked very hard and definitely deserved this photo shoot. Thank you for inviting me into your home and letting me capture your wonderful furry children.


This next series of photos makes me smile. I like to guess what dog's are actually thinking. This is how I pictured the conversation went in Achilles head.


Uh oh, she looks hungry for a treat.


Oh no, here she goes. She is going to show me up with some amazing trick.


Psssh! Whatever. I could totally do that. I was just waiting for the right moment.



Who wants a treat? I do!


Achilles also wanted a treat... a raw carrot! They sure love their veggies.




These two love to roll around and show their silly side!



Radar ear activated!


This photo makes me laugh outloud everytime I see it. In fact, I keep opening this photo just to see it again and again. It appears Ace is thinking "Seriously, we are posing by pumpkins...really? Yuck."



Ace & Achille's parents have some amazing classic cars. I thought it would be cute for the doggies to model inside their classic Desoto.


Apparently, it's exhausting work looking this gorgeous!




Aww, aren't they cute when they play?


And finally when your photo subject blows a raspberry at you, clearly they are done modeling for the day!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

You are a great photographer! I love each and every picture! These pictures will make our nursery so special. I can't wait for the baby to get here and you can take pictures for us.

carrie said...

poped on over here from ravelry. these are all so much fun! looks like you all had a blast.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.